Winter calls for hearty and warming soups. I am naturally drawn to hot food when it gets cold outside. Green peas are full of protein, so I always try to incorporate it in my meals, either as a soup or green salad sauce. I tend to add extra fat to my meals as it keep me fuller for longer.
This soup is filling and the lemon-tahini chickpeas adds more depth and crunch to the meal.
Ingredients (makes 2)
- 300 g frozen peas
- 100 g canned chickpeas
- 10 ml avocado oil
- 1 avocado
- 20g golden linseed
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 600 ml boiling water
- 10 ml tahini
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 210 C
- Put chickpeas in an oven proof dish and mix in tahini, lemon and salt. Bake for 20 min until crispy.
- In a medium pan add frozen peas, vegetable stock, nutritional yeast, garlic and water. Bring it to the boil.
- Take if off the heat and add one avocado, avocado oil, linseed, salt & pepper.
- Transfer into a blender and blend for 1 minute until smooth.
- Dish it up and top with crunchy chickpeas.