This is a simple recipe, but also very versatile. You can use any vegetable you like or have in your fridge. This type of food is great because it’s low in simple carbohydrates. Vine leaves can be bought in most supermarkets and are easy to work with, because of its thin but strong characteristics. A good substitute is cabbage or iceberg lettuce.
- Vine leaves
- 100g quinoa cooked
- 100g carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 celery, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Chilli (optional)
- Cook quinoa according to the packet & let it cool
- Prepare your vegetables for your filling
- Put all sauce ingredients into a bowl (tahini, lemon, apple cider vinegar, pressed garlic, maple syrup). You can add some chilli if you like it more spicy
- Now assemble your wraps by laying one vine leaf on the surface, spread quinoa in the middle, just make sure you don’t go all the way to the edges. Remember you have to be able to fold it.
- Add the rest of the sliced veg in the middle of the leaf
- Fold your stuffed leaf and roll, when you get near the end fold in the top and bottom and do a final roll.