These pea and spinach falafels are a brilliant source of protein. One prepared falafel has 2.6g of the good stuff!
Protein is essential for repairing and building muscle and keeping you feel satisfied for longer so you should incorporate it into each meal.
This meal takes 40 minutes to make and this includes 30 min of cooking time. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of baby spinach finely chopped
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 200g frozen peas (defrosted for 30min)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5g coconut oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (Fan)
2. In a food processor chop onion, garlic and sunflower seeds
3. Heat oil in frying pan, add onion mixture and cook for 2 min.
4. Add spices and cook for 1 min
5. Add chickpeas and peas to the food processor and blend until roughly chopped
7. Transfer into a bowl and add onion mix
8. Add spinach, salt and pepper and stir well
9. Shape into small balls (10 balls)
10. Bake for 30 min or until the falafels are firm to touch. Alternatively you can dehydrate on 70 C /150 F for 7 hours